Best Ways to Host Your Website
You are ready to build your business website. You have been in talks with a website design Liverpool agency and are happy with their proposal. They will build a stunning website for you, provide a domain name and can even host it for you at nominal fees depending on your requirement. But the big question remains – what’s the best way to host your website? Do you choose a hosting service based on the bandwidth and storage space offered?
Or should you opt for a branded hosting service? What kind of hosting service would be better – shared or VPN? There are endless questions. And the right answer is elusive. Our website design Liverpool team has put together a guide to help you choose the best way to host your website.
Choosing a Web Hosting Service
Begin by asking these important questions when choosing a hosting service.
- What are your hosting requirements?
- What are the upgrading options?
- How reliable is the hosting service and what’s the uptime guarantee?
- What are some of the features offered?
- How many add-on domains are allowed?
- What’s the price at the time of sign up as well as at the time of renewal?
- What other features do they offer (such as eco-friendly, site backups)?
- What are the terms of service in the context of server usage and account suspension?
Know Your Hosting Requirements
The above questions can help you in finding a reliable host. However, you can’t find the right host without knowing your own requirements. So before you make a decision, consider the following questions to determine your own needs.
- What sort of a website are you looking to build? Will it be a static website or a more dynamic website such as an ecommerce website?
- Would you require Windows applications?
- Will your website call for a special version software (such as PHP)?
- Would you need any special software for the website?
- What kind of traffic volume do you anticipate?
These essential questions will help you determine your requirements. Get a quick understanding of what you want your site to do at present? Also figure out what how you anticipate your website in the next 12 months or so.
If you do not know much about hosting and really want to start small, there’s no better solution than a shared hosting account. Shared hosting accounts are highly cost-effective, easy to maintain and are ideal for most small business websites.Another good alternative is to choose an add-on hosting service offered by your website design Liverpool agency. Most web design agencies today offer their own hosting service. Not only does this help keep their websites safe and secure, they are able to provide a hassle free solution for small business owners.
Blue Whale Media Can Help
We specialise in building robust, mobile friendly and user-friendly websites for small businesses at affordable prices. We would be happy to share complete information about our hosting service to help you make an informed decision. Contact us today to schedule a chat.