How to SEO an eCommerce website
Ranking higher on Google search is undoubtedly the most crucial factor in determining the success of any online service provider. But, perhaps the one area that is especially affected more than the rest is eCommerce.
With the number of eCommerce websites growing day by day, the importance of SEO is more relevant than ever before. However, knowing the proper technique to implement SEO plays a massive role in determining its ultimate efficiency. That’s why it’s always best to employ the help of the best SEO agency in Liverpool.
So, here are some crucial tips to help your eCommerce website utilize the optimum efficiency of SEO.
Research for relevant Keywords
Keyword research is the most fundamental aspect of any SEO campaign as it helps you determine what the customers are looking for. If you can figure out which keywords your target consumers are searching for, half of your work is already done.
And yes, keyword research is a time-consuming process. But, hey! If you want Google to rank your website higher than your competitor sites, you have to make some efforts. Glenn Gabe in his research analysis of 3000 keywords revealed that 93% of those were the long tail. The rest 7% were head terms.
Of course, the number can vary. Nonetheless, it is a good reference figure.
One of the way to get organic traffic from a search engine is to create pages on your eCommerce website that are optimized for some search query. On this page you can place a presentation of a product from your assortment. The request should be selected in such a way that the presented product is in the best way relevant to it. Such a page should interest the visitor as soon as possible because this is the first thing that he sees on your site and perhaps immediately after visiting this page he will leave your site. Such pages are commonly called landing pages. In case if you store hosted on Shopify you can use apps such as AZEXO Free Page Builder to create these pages.
Optimize your website
No amount of keyword research is going to help if you have a sloppy and lethargic website. If you’re serious about implementing SEO, revamping your website should be on top of your priority list. You can begin by optimizing your website Meta descriptions and headings by making use of the researched keywords.
In addition, you can also use unique descriptions for your products and categories as well. However, try to avoid lengthy or irrelevant descriptions just for the sake of creating something unique.
Lastly, you can optimize your website’s URL. An ideal eCommerce website URL should be short and clean. This way the consumers know exactly which website they are clicking on to without any suspicion.
Link building is arguably one of the most vital aspects of SEO that can produce incredible results. In fact, Google has even confirmed that links are the #1 ranking criteria.
They are, however, not the easiest process to undertake. Building links to your website requires quite a considerable amount of time. Just like keywords, link building also requires a lot of market research.
Some of the simple ways to establish links would be to identify sites that are linking your competitor’s website and get them to backlink your site as well.
Content marketing is the best way to boost the quality of your website content. If your contents are niche-relevant and unique everything will fall in place. Content marketing has two crucial benefits – they provide relevant information to your audience, and they can boost your website backlink as well.
Third-party sites prefer backlinking websites that are unique, informative, and reliable. So, with content marketing, if you tick out all those boxes, it makes your SEO extremely easier.
Many eCommerce websites suffer from a few technical SEO inadequacies. Most of these problems go undetected and diminishes your website’s Google ranking in the long run.
Some of the common areas of technical SEO issues include duplicate contents (different URLs for the same product), hard-to-access pages, and unintuitive homepage. So, if you want to ensure good SEO score, you have to identify these problems and fix them.
The concept of optimising your website contents serves the very fundamental purpose of eCommerce websites – to increase sales. So, yes, if you own an eCommerce website, SEO should on top of your priority list.
With the right implementation, search engine optimisation can help your web store obtain higher search engine ranking, giving you more customer exposure, which, in turn, increases your sales turn-over as well. See how a professional web design company in Nantwich can build your eCommerce website.