Pros and Cons of Well Known eCommerce Website Platforms
One of the most critical aspects of an eCommerce business is the website. The website is like the medium through which the customer communicates with the seller. A user-friendly website that is easy to navigate is the key to having high customer retention.
But at times, building a website might seem like a daunting task. Several platforms help you make a website and make things easy, or better yet you should entrust this responsibility with website designers from Manchester. In this article, we will be discussing the pros and cons of some of these platforms. Therefore let’s not waste any time and get on with it!
Shopify is one of the biggest and most popular platforms for eCommerce businesses. One of the biggest reasons for its popularity is the simplicity it provides.
You can essentially build a website with just a few clicks and drags. Furthermore, there are well over 100 templates from which you can choose as well.
- Its Liquid Template Engine lets you create and customize unique designs for the websites without hassle.
- The platform is backed up by a large community consisting of developers and users alike.
- Being a closed source, Shopify offers 24/7 customer support through emails and other measures.
- Shopify is costly; the more customization options you want, the more you need to pay.
- Statistical data regarding sales and customers are not available in low-cost subscriptions.
WooCommerce is an open-source eCommerce platform. It is built as a WordPress plug-in that lets you add a plethora of options to your website.
It is said that almost 30% of online stores are built with WooCommerce, and that sums up to over 3,300,000 websites. The platform provides a highly modular workflow letting you be as creative as you want.
- Little to no restrictions on products for selling.
- It has an account-based system to monitor and restrict logins by owners and other staff.
- It has a highly modular system letting you build top-tier websites with ease.
- It has a wide variety of templates available natively.
- It takes considerable knowledge and time for the first time setup.
- Being open-source, it doesn’t have high-quality customer service.
Magento is an open-source platform that is owned by Adobe. It provides one of the best mixtures of website designing and managing tools. Moreover, it offers a free version and an enterprise version as well.
Therefore if you’re starting with your eCommerce website, then this might be your best bet.
- Third-party plug-in integrations.
- Robust SEO features with a wide variety of analytical tools.
- It is a highly flexible platform and can grow along with your business.
- The platform has high community backing and support.
- You need to have a relatively high degree of skills to use it.
- Installing and using the platform can become expensive, really quickly.
There are many other platforms out there that might help you build a fantastic website, but these three are the tried and tested platforms.
The modularity and the community backing these platforms provide you with a whole new depth of customizations, support, and flexibility. Therefore choose your preferred platform and start creating your website!