SEO work we’ve recently done
You’ve probably heard a hundred times that search engine optimisation (SEO) is a vital digital marketing tool. SEO is made up of multiple different elements and knowing what they are or how they work is key to understanding why SEO is so important.
You don’t need to know what it all entails; our expert Manchester SEO team at Blue Whale Media will do that for you. However, in layman’s terms, SEO is significant because it makes your website more visible, which means more traffic and more opportunities.
At Blue Whale Media, we have a dedicated team who work on SEO for each website we build or develop. So here’s everything you need to know about SEO and how it can be vital for your business’s website.
Crucial Elements of SEO
- Keywords – the difference with keywords today is that they need to be well researched, carefully chosen and judiciously used to be effective in your content. Our team at Blue Whale Media research keywords from high and low competitive rates in order to select short-ail or long-tail keywords.
- Content – Content is a vital part of SEO because it’s the vehicle you use to reach and engage audiences. At Blue Whale Media, we publish a series of blogs about a certain topic for SEO purposes, educational and exciting, but each blog must provide valuable information.
- Local SEO – Local SEO is becoming increasingly important as more and more people use mobile devices for searching. 57% of all searches are performed from tablets or smartphones. Our SEO team targets local SEO when you are a business in certain areas, so local people will come across you when searching Google.
SEO for Modern Businesses
- Visibility and Rankings – one of the most important functions of SEO is increasing visibility. You want to make it easier for prospects to find you when they search for something you have to offer.
- Web traffic – increased web traffic is the ultimate goal of SEO; at the moment, 33% of clicks go to the first ranking page – the first five listings get over 75% of all clicks.
- Better visitor experience – another reason SEO is critical is that you put time into generating great content and optimising your website, which in turn improves the visibility of your website. This creates a seamless and positive customer experience.
SEO is relatively cheap
Yes, it costs some money, but SEO is relatively cheap in the grand scheme of things. SEO costs in the UK will vary based on your chosen agency’s size and credentials, the scope of your project. The payoff will most likely be considered in terms of a brand’s benefit and bottom line. This isn’t a marketing cost; this is a true business investment.
Best practices of SEO are always evolving as consumer and web user behaviours change, as new technologies emerge and as search engines change their algorithms. At Blue Whale Media, we believe that SEO is still of the utmost importance for any business that wants to be visible, so your efforts are well worth it.