Best WordPress Plugins To Clean & Maintain Your Website
WordPress is a reputable and the most popular Content Management System used in website design. This sounds good, but it is important to remember that the most popular choice can also present the most danger in some cases – for example most hacks or vulnerabilities will be targeted against WordPress websites as represent over 40% of all websites on the internet.
Regardless of how long you have been using your WordPress website, maintaining and cleaning your WordPress website is crucial. There are many things you can do or plugins you can use in order to clean up, maintain and optimise your website. However, you should always keep a backup of your website in case any of these plugins break your website unintentionally. As always, the best thing to do if you are thinking about updating your website is to consult with an expert, such as Blue Whale Media: a Liverpool website design company!
Reason to clean up and maintain your website
- To have a secure database which sometimes becomes vulnerable due to technical glitch or hackers.
- With an additional plugin to get more features, some database and files become disorganised, results in a negative response from the customer. To keep all the files and relevant content in place, the websites’ maintenance and clean up become essential.
- Overloading of data can cause to slow down your website, and therefore, maintenance and clean up of your website is a must to declutter and free up space for a much faster and optimum experience.
- For better performance on both mobile and desktop, clean up, and maintenance are crucial.
- Keep your website up to date with the latest trending tools and technology, and keep up with your similar sector competitors.
There are plenty of WordPress plugins available according to the types of clean up and maintenance. There are plugins to clean up broken links and shortcode, plugins to clean up the database, plugins to optimise image and plugins to increase your website’s speed.
We will look at different types of plugins that might be useful according to your website needs.
Plugins to clean up your Database
Remove your unwanted files and data with the help of a cleaner specially designed to maintain your website database.
- WP Cleaner Pro: This plugin cleans and organises your website database. It also optimises and makes your website faster. It performs the task right away or at a scheduled time. A backup is done before the cleanup to prevent any loss of the data.
- Smart cleanup tools: This is another plugin that handles your website database smoothly. Its primary role is to take care of all the unnecessary files that remain as junk, which can reduce your website’s speed. This WordPress plugin supports multiple websites. It is very user friendly and does 37 cleanup functions such as reset, removes and more.
Plugins to optimise website image
Optimising images can give a noticeable function on your website due to its compressed and smaller version without losing your website image quality. Below are the two plugins you can consider to optimise your images.
- Lana Image Optimizer: This Plugin converts the image on your website gallery into a smaller size that supports JPG, JPEG and PNG formats. This impressive feature helps save more space and plays an essential role in your website’s search engine.
- Automatic WebP and image compressor: This Plugin uses the reSmush API technology that gives excess to the unlimited conversion of images in WebP format for free. The image’s conversion process is without any loss of the image quality, size, pixel, resolution, and dimension. It also offers image conversion in JPEG and PNG format. In case your browser does not support the WebP format. Backup and restoring your images are also allowed in this Plugin.
Plugins for website speed optimisation
Alongside the interaction with your customers, there can also be unwanted spaces, codes, and comments that can affect your website’s speed meter. Below are some plugins to optimise your website speed.
- Lighthouse: Lighthouse plugin enables the user to experience a faster and error-free website. Lighthouse plugin comes with a tuning performance that removes bugs and third-party activities and increases the speed up to 300%, which works with 100% efficiency.
- WordPress speed optimisation: On installing this Plugin, it optimises your website by removing the unrequired function, styles, scripts, etc. It also gives a good score in your Google PageSpeed, GTmatrix, Pingdom and more.
- Sucuri SiteCheck: This plugin is not exactly cleaner, but it is very efficient for the website’s security. It identifies and removes potential bugs and viruses that hamper your website and its performance beforehand.
- WP-Sweep: WP-Sweep plugin has some great functions that could boost and enhance the performance of your website. The user can use this Plugin to manage deleted comments, spammed comments, duplicate post, used term, user metadata and more. It offers a wide range of clean up for your website database.
- Clearfy: This WordPress plugin optimises SEO and performance by removing vulnerable threads, increasing the index in the search engine, fixing foreign plugin bugs, and improving your website’s overall efficiency.
- Plugin Garbage collector: This plugin aims to scan the web site’s database and detect the unwanted tables that occur at WordPress plugin installation. This Plugins Garbage Collector also scans your .php text files, directory and displays the outcome for your review.
The above plugins listed for you could be an immediate and useful tool that you could need. All plugins come with their special features and powerful performances with their specific functions to keep your website error-free, faster, up and running. Here are extra tips for you to maintain the efficiency and performance of your website.
- Updating to the latest version: It is always a good idea to keep your software and plugins updated to the newest version. It decreases the chances of attacks by viruses, bugs, threads and potential hackers. You can also schedule and automatic updates for your plugins and themes to always stay up to date.
- Remove the unused plugins: every Plugin comes with its unique function, but your website does not require all of them at once. Remove the plugins that you do not use any more.
- Database cleanup: decluttering your database from time to time will help you save some space and make your website’s database more organised.
Fix broken links: Links will inevitably break at times, and it is always a smart step to keep track of the links on your website and maintain the engagement activity with your customers.