5 e-Commerce Website Design Ideas For 2021
This age of global pandemic has rendered everyone stays inside their homes, work from home, and shop online instead of going outside. There are always two sides to a coin. When people suffered some significant losses in profits because of global shutdowns, businesses like eCommerce began to render huge profits. This is now the essential time for you to redesign and revamp your eCommerce website if you own one. Since the majority of adults shop online for all their essentials, they rely on excellent and attractive websites to meet their needs.
But just because everyone is doing it doesn’t mean you have to follow the same pattern. Redesigning your website is not an easy task. You have to carefully lay out your essential contents, those that need retouches or those that are not useful anymore. Redesigning doesn’t always mean designing your website but looking at technical issues like faster loading or better optimization for your users.
Here are some design ideas for your new London website design for 2021.
1. Better optimization for a user-friendly experience
User-friendly means that your eCommerce website needs to be accessible both on big screens like laptops and computer and small screens like mobile phones and tablets. This is one of the most important design trends that will never go out of style since mobile phones seem to be forever in trend. If you can establish your eCommerce website for an effortless shopping experience on mobile phones, there are high chances of a successful online shopping site of yours.
Here are some tips for establishing a mobile-friendly eCommerce website.
- Always ensure to use an accordion menu or a hamburger menu. An accordion menu displays your menu vertically with headers that reveal more content when you click on it. A hamburger menu displays the contents when you click on the the web site’s navigation bar or side menu.
- Optimize all images and content of your website for small screens to read and view legibly.
- Do not add too many pop-ups, which may hide the main content on the site.
- Stack your contents in such a way that it can provide more pieces of content without cluttering your page.
2. Make your loading speed a focal point
This idea is technically not a trend, but a concept or principle for all websites since site performance will never go out of style. Every viewer expects an eCommerce website to have faster loading of content and websites on their mobile and computer screens. If your site takes too long to respond, your viewer will surely leave your site and look elsewhere for shopping online.
There are many issues related to slow loading on your websites. Here are some tips to look for.
- It can be a slow network problem.
- It can be because your server is down.
- It can be because there are some issues with your database.
- It can be because there are some issues with your cache.
- It can be simply because your media files are too large to open on small screens.
3. Incorporate Social media into your eCommerce website
Do not expect your viewers to be from your eCommerce website only. These days everyone is on social media like Facebook, Instagram or Twitter. It is a must for every eCommerce website to make its presence known on all social media platforms. The main reason why you need to have a presence in your social media account is to reach a more comprehensive platform of people and to increase awareness about your brand through these channels. Many reports say that over 1.5 billion people who have social media accounts and access to even 10% of these accounts are like tapping into a gold mine.
Here are some tips on how you can incorporate social media into your eCommerce website.
- Make logging into your eCommerce website through social media to increase your user registration.
- Make all the contents on your eCommerce website shareable to social media for free promotion from users.
- Integrate hashtags on all your social media accounts and eCommerce website to promote your brand.
- Likewise, post social media contents about reviews and feedbacks into your eCommerce website to motivate consumers.
4. Provide more information about your content with lots of visuals
All eCommerce websites provides information about their products through descriptions and images. It is important to note that your eCommerce website provides accurate descriptions, good quality images and lots of pictures of other angles. This kind of information makes the customer satisfied and eager to try your products too.
Here are some tips on how you can provide good quality information.
- Showcase your products from all kind of angles.
- Allow for your image to have zoom in quality.
- Place your products in the plain background to enhance your product’s quality and avoid any distractions from the background.
- Place your product next to everyday objects to compare the size.
- Provide a gallery of your product bought by consumers or your brand promoters to give a personal approach.
5. Provide for the checkout to be easier
This design idea is ideal for any eCommerce website to function smoothly. If you can make checkouts an easy and hassle-free process, your user will have a comfortable shopping experience.
Here are some ways where you can incorporate for easier checkout.
- Provide your user to access their cart from the menu instead of clicking on a new page.
- Make your user have access to find it easier to compare the items’ price, shape, or colour in their cart with articles from a page to have multiple options.
Web designs for eCommerce websites have become so crucial for 2021. It is because of the rise of online shopping recently that is making eCommerce a profitable business. It can be your old customers or new customers, but impressing them by redesigning and revamping your website will earn more viewers. Don’t miss out on this opportunity to strive for the best for your eCommerce website, as it may be the most profitable asset for you.
Also, remember to design your eCommerce website differently than your competitors or else viewers may find nothing new in your website.