How to Make a Small Business Website in 2023
One of the important marketing strategies for brands in 2023 is to have a website. It is a tool that builds business awareness across different platforms online. Website trends keep changing as customer needs change. Today’s business environment demands a mobile-optimized site loaded with a variety of content.
In your website building plan, you need to obtain a domain name and identify a hosting services platform. Your site must meet the goals of your company and be developed with an appealing design. If you are planning to build a website for your small business, these tips might help.
1. Determine the primary purpose of your website
Your website needs to have an appealing design but purpose should be the main thing to consider. Your strategic plan could determine whether the site will meet diverse goals or one. The site could be built for harnessing lead generation boosting brand recognition, and many more purposes. Whatever the purpose might be, pay attention to the following.
- Think of yourself as the consumer. Your website must satisfy user needs to achieve its objectives.
- Evaluate your brand’s mission and vision. The new website needs to be in line with the vision and objective of your company.
- Identify your target audience. You may better understand your target audience by using your business strategic plan. Your target market should be the focus of all your sales and marketing efforts. This demand must be met by your website.
- Understand your competitors. Recognize the types of websites that your competitors have created. It gives you a suggestion of how yours ought to appear.
When deciding how to build your website, you might decide to build it in Google Chrome. One of the challenges you might experience is Chrome getting slow due to too many open tabs. This problem can also occur due to opening too many extensions which overworks your RAM. If this happens, you find good Mac apps to clean your system.
2. Pick a domain name
Your domain name is what will help people to find your website. Search engines analyze the name to understand what your site is all about. Therefore, it should clearly describe the purpose of your site. When you choose the right name, it acts as a magnet attracting traffic to your site. You must choose a strong domain name for your brand. Even though it is strong, it should also be easy to remember. When choosing the name for your small business website, consider the following points.
- Know who will host. Some hosting platforms provide a variety of extensions such as .net, .com, .org, and so on. Choose a host with a variety of extensions and a reasonable cost. A .com extension works better for businesses.
- Let it be unique and short. Lengthy names can be hard to remember.
- Let it be SEO-optimized. Add a keyword to your name.
- Search to see what trending names are out there.
- Do not use numbers and hyphens. They are hard to remember.
3. Choose a website builder
Website builders are different tools that help you create your website from scratch. Many of them do not require coding knowledge. This should not hinder you from attending coding bootcamps online to learn some coding tricks. Choose builders that contain drag-and-drop features for ease of building. When choosing a site builder tool, consider your budget and your site-building needs. Choose tools that contain SEO features and offer strong online support. It should offer a high number of themes and be easy to use.
4. Plan your website structure
Your website structure shows how well your site is organized including its buttons, text, images, and attractiveness. It is crucial in helping you meet your SEO strategy. It is what suggests to search engines which pages are more important. When planning your site’s structure, you need to consider the following points.
- Plan a simple structure. People will avoid complex website designs.
- Minimize links to a limited number.
- Use headings hierarchically
- Do not create too deep navigation depth.
- Create a structure for your audience
- Understand the latest trends in the market.
5. Optimize your website for search engines
SEO optimization helps improve the visibility of your website. When it’s more visible, it makes it easier for people to find it. As more people find your site, you get more leads who convert to customers. One of the ways to optimize your site for SEO is to create an enhanced website structure that offers an excellent UX experience.
Do a keyword search to know the most trending words brands are using. Write keyword-intensive landing page content and create authority in your content. You need to build a fast website because it affects traffic flow. You should ensure you choose tools for web design that can help you create a mobile-friendly site. Integrate tools that help optimize your website such as analytics and search console tools.
6. Test and publish your website
Your website can have errors that can potentially affect its performance. It is good to avoid publishing an error-filled site. It might create a wrong impression on people who will visit your site first. Testing is what can help you identify errors and correct them before they go online.
You need to test before launching and refine everything that needs to be corrected. Test to confirm whether the site has good cross-browser compatibility and whether it is responsive. Test the functionality of its buttons, security, links, cookies, and payment gateways. If you are satisfied with the testing phase, go to your hosting platform and publish your site.
7. Market your website on social media
Different social media platforms can be an excellent place for marketing your new website. It boosts the rate of brand recognition, site traffic, and engagement. More than half the population of the world uses social media. Reaching out to them can help boost your SEO rankings and in a good way increase conversion rate.
You may also acquire talent if you are planning on hiring. To promote your site on social media, increase your social presence and join various relevant groups. Use hashtags, and paid ads, and leverage visual content. You may consider using influencers, user-generated content, or live streaming.
A website for your small business is crucial but creating one can be challenging. You can leverage the benefit of website builder tools to make the process easy and simple. You need to list everything that you need such as a domain name, hosting platform, and testing tools to make the process better. Know the goals for your site and the target audience you are building it for.