Royal Mail Shipping for WooCommerce Websites
Royal Mail is a prime shipping method for WooCommerce. It allows you to calculate the shipping costs using the Royal Mail rates. The extension for Royal Mail can tally prices for the UK domestic or worldwide. It is best to ask for the assistance of professional eCommerce website developers in Liverpool to install this plugin.
How Does Royal Mail for WooCommerce works?
The Royal Mail shipping plugin for WooCommerce avails Royal Mail shipping rates to customers without necessitating an API. There is no provision for a public API by the Royal Mail.
Your store must operate from the United Kingdom and use the Pound sterling currency to utilize this extension. The built-in box packer of the plugin requires dimension and weights set for your non-virtual products.
It works best with grams and millimetres; however, it can automatically convert other units as well.
Royal Mail services features
- Adding extra cost to the services is your discretion.
- Picking the type of Royal Mail services you wish to offer to your customers.
- You can utilize our built-in box packer or individually pack the items to ship in multiple or single packages.
- You can also personalize the service name.
Types of services supported
There are two categories of supported services.
Within the UK
- Royal Mail 1st Class
- Royal Mail Signed for 1st Class
- Royal Mail Special Delivery Guaranteed by 1 pm
- Royal Mail 2nd Class
- Royal Mail Signed for 2nd Class
- Royal Mail Special Delivery Guaranteed by 9 am.
- Royal Mail Parcelforce Worldwide
- Royal Mail International Standard
- Royal Mail International Economy
- Royal Mail International Tracked & Signed
- Royal Mail International Signed
- Royal Mail International Tracked.
Installing the plugin
The method for installing the extension is secure.
- Make sure that your store has the requirements for the plugin.
- Go to your WooCommerce dashboard, and from there, download the extension.
- From the “Plugin” tab, you can click on the “Add New” option. Next, click on the “Upload” button and choose the ZIP file that you downloaded.
- After the following steps, you can click on the “Install Now” option and then “Activate.”
- Click on the “configure” button and follow the next section to proceed with the plugin setup.
Methods to parcel the packages
Royal Mail has two distinct modes of packaging.
- Individually packing items (Default)
The plugin receives each non-virtual item in your cart separately. The final cost is the combination of the quotes of all the pieces.
- Collectively packing the items in boxes (Recommended)
Pack items to pre-define boxes and dispatched to the plugin for quotes.
The shipping method includes the box packer, which enables you to group goods into packages. You can decide the weight, height, length, and width of the item package.
The package may be mainly volume-based; however, item sizes are also acceptable.
Customers will receive quotes based on the address put in from two places:
- Cart page – Utilizing the calculator for shipping.
- Checkout page – Filling up the billing and shipping forms.
As usual, customers get to select their choice of rates.