Website Marketing Strategy to Increase Conversions
The internet has been drastically changed how businesses build and promote their brands because more consumers are engaging with brands online before making a purchase. Over 40% of consumers are now going to Google to get more information about what they want to buy before purchasing.
If you don’t have an integrated website marketing strategy in place that includes an effective website and SEO strategy, you won’t have the edge over your competitors. Follow these steps to help you create an effective website marketing strategy for your business.
Conduct a website analysis
By actioning a website analysis audit for your website, you can better understand what you are doing well and improve your website. Looking at website design, you will want to consider the user experience. You should have an easy to read and easy to navigate website. You can find this on our website.
Take a look at your navigation bar and site map to make sure your visitors can easily find what they are looking for. Ensure that the font you are using is readable, the right size, and does it work well with your site’s colours. Can you see all of your images?
You will also need to make sure that your website is viewable on multiple devices, not just a Mobile device.
Optimise your website for SEO
After you have taken a look at your website and made sure it has been optimised for User Experience, then it is time to make sure it is optimised for Google. SEO is the process of making changes to your website design and its content to make it more attractive to Google.
Here is what you need to do:
- Keyword Research – You can use various tools for keyword research, but the Google Keyword Tool is a great place to start.
- Content – Once you’ve developed a list of potential keywords, you will need to plan and write content around these keywords and phrases.
- On-Site Optimisation – In addition to using the keywords in the body of content, you’ll also want to pay attention to other on-page elements of your website, such as titles, meta descriptions, images, and image tags.
- Link Building – Search engines look at how many pieces of content link back to your site as a way of understanding whether your site content is valuable.
Start content marketing
Content marketing is the process of creating and publishing useful and relevant content that relates to you and your customers. Creating content that your customers engage with will help you build a stronger relationship with your customers.
Before you start creating your content, you will need to make a plan. You will need to think about;
- What types of content you will create
- What topics your content will focus on
- Who on your team will create content
- How often you will publish new content
- What channels you will use to promote your content
When you have done this, you can then work on a content calendar. This will help you publish content regularly.
Build your social media presence
When it comes to building your social media presence, people usually overlook it. Social media marketing can help you expand your reach online to help you drive traffic online. You need to think about what social media channels are best for your business to engage with your audience. Don’t think you have to be on every social media platform. Find the platforms that your target market are active on the most.