Why content writing matters for brands and businesses?
The core of a brand revolves around meaning and interpretation; words are the best way to do this. Written content is the most effective way to target your SEO, generate tools and give your brand a human identity.
What is content you may ask? It’s everything from social media and video to web copy and blogs; pretty much anything your business puts online.
At Blue Whale Media, we live by well-written website content, blogs and social media statuses, because you can successfully build a professional and recognisable brand with varying content types. Content writing is one of the most effective and simple tools at your brand’s disposal, so why aren’t you using it yet?
Why is content important?
Content has come a long way from the days of print advertising. With the introduction of SEO and digital marketing, content has become the most effective way to get your brand into the digital sphere. Consistent, high-quality content writing is an invaluable way to connect brands with their consumers. Content also improves audience engagement and retention. Encouraging your audience to participate in your brand and delivering useful information will ensure your customers keep coming back for more.
How should you structure your content writing?
Great content creation is the first step, but if you don’t promote your content properly, no one will see it. Make sure that you utilise all the tools at your disposal, researching keywords, integrating them into copy and ensuring all of your on-page SEO boxes are ticked. This will help your content spread across the internet and bring leads back to your website.
How does it help your business grow?
Businesses can use content to their advantage in many ways:
- Reaching out to your audience – the only way to effectively reach your audience is through content, publishing blogs and getting traffic from search engines like Google, writing social media posts and redirecting the audience to your digital brand, all require a great deal of content.
- Building a relationship with the audience – content helps you create a relationship with the audience by engaging them. An email marketing campaign keeps them engaged or sending push notifications to them to refresh your presence.
- Persuading them to make a purchase – you need your content to sell, so when you attract your audience and build relationships they can potentially become your customers. Good quality content and landing pages help you convert your audience into paying customers.
How to create an effective content strategy
Creating quality content is the first step, however, working on the distribution and promotion is equally important. A content strategy is a plan that helps you to make sure that the high-quality content you have created is actually reaching the audience.
Best practices to create an effective content strategy are:
- Research keywords, relevant to your target audience
- Ticking every box with on-page SEO to ensure maximum reach
- Choose the distribution channels on which you want to publish your content
- Develop a calendar to keep track of your content and consistency
- Measure how your content is performing and tweak your strategy accordingly
Once you have a solid idea of what your audience wants, likes and shares – you’ll be able to consistently produce well-written content and engaging content that is bursting with your brand voice.
Do you need more information about how to create a content strategy that will help your brand, why not contact Blue Whale Media today?