How To Write A Blog Like A Professional
You sit down, staring at the screen… where do you begin when you want to create an article that will earn you clicks, comments and social shares? One of the biggest issues that contribute to low blog traffic is the quality of the write ups and content. With the amount of blogs out there, you need to step up your game to compete with the rest.
Blogging offers a lot more than you think, it is important for SEO, customer engagement, lead generation and boosting sales, but maintaining an active blog is not an easy task.
At Blue Whale Media, our expert content writing team all struggle sometimes when it comes to blog writing. Here’s some of their tips to enable you to write a blog post like a professional:
Choose your blog topic
If you find it hard to keep coming up with inspiring content, here are some great ways to choose a topic that will resonate with your audience as well as engage them:
- Pick something you are passionate about. When you care about your topic, you’ll write about it in a more powerful way.
- Pick something that your readers are passionate about. It’s important to know what they care about so you can engage them with your blogs.
- Get inspired by research. Try to get curios about a subject and decide what to write about.
- Get inspired by other writers. Take a look at your competition and what they are writing about and put your own spin on these subjects.
Plan above all
Even before you start drafting, you need to have a plan in mind for your blogs. Here are some great planning guidelines you can follow:
- Knowing the reasons why readers are coming to your blog
- How can you attract potential readers to come to your blog?
- What can you do to ensure they stay longer?
- How to market your writing and further increase blog traffic?
We would recommend coming up with a terminal goal for each blog post you publish, we also advise that you ensure you’ve done enough research prior to writing the blog so all facts and statements are up to date and correct.
Content is still king
You’ve probably heard this alot, even though images and videos are becoming more popular, content is still king. Most readers enjoy great articles and they are not determined by the amount of words, it boils down to how you deliver the content in relation to its quality. Also, be natural, one thing that you have that other writers don’t is your voice, make it natural and unique. Whenever you can, tell a story, whether it’s your own or someone else’s.
Now, it’s time to create a killer ending that will help cement your post in the readers minds. Here’s how to do it:
- End at a natural stopping point. No wrap ups, just end the blog when you’re finished.
- Fish for comments. When you’ve wrapped up your blog post with a compelling question you encourage readers to have a say.
- Call to action. This CTA will help the reader take action when they are interested, direct them to another page of your website.
Now, you’ve got the tips to draft and create a memorable blog post. The truth is that we need to have a keyword-focused approach to blogging in order to reach a wider audience with your writing. Once you’ve got the hang of it, you’ll be able to speed up the process. At Blue Whale Media, we have a dedicated team of content writers who create and draft blog posts daily, if you would like more information about blogging, why not get in touch with us?