What is PPC and do you need it?
Do you sometimes find yourself thinking, which is best – SEO or PPC? For the uninitiated, let’s explain those terms. SEO stands for search engine optimisation and its techniques allow search engines to find your website organically. In comparison, PPC means pay per click. It’s an advertising approach, which requires you to pay every time someone clicks on your ad.
Referring back to our original question, you may assume that SEO is better. But in this blog from Blue Whale Media, the web design Warrington based agency, we’ll explain how you might benefit from PPC.
But What Exactly Is PPC?
Here’s a simple explanation. After you type search words into Google, you see a list of results. The ones at the top and bottom of the page have boxes next to them saying “Ad”. Well, those are PPC adverts.
At our Warrington web design agency, we can create those ads for you. We can help you with everything from finding the right keywords to writing the actual advert. But we also monitor the latest Google algorithm updates, so your campaign will perform well at all times.
The Bidding Process
What words will customers type into a search engine in order to find your ad? Only up to four ads are allowed to be displayed above the search results. So there’s a bidding process for the keywords that are used in searches. Your place in the ad rank will depend on a number of factors, such as…
- The amount you have bid.
- The expected click through rate.
- Your ad’s relevance and landing page experience.
- The context of the person’s search, including location and time of search.
The Benefits Of PPC
So now we’ve covered how PPC works, we need to ask about its benefits. It offers many advantages, in terms of meeting business and marketing goals. Some of them are as follows…
- High-level brand exposure. You will be at the top of a Google first page, remember.
- You can measure and track the effectiveness of your campaign using Google AdWords and Google Analytics. Our Warrington website design agency can analyse this data for you, and make sure you’re on target for the best results.
- It’s flexible and easy to make changes to your ad. So you can optimise your ads while they are running, or try new ways of writing them as you go along.
- It doesn’t take long to have them go live, and you can simply stop running the ad if you’re not happy with the outcomes.
- It works well with SEO. Impressions, clicks and conversions from your Google Analytics data can inform you use of keywords in your SEO campaigns.
Contact Your Web Design Warrington Agency Today
We’re experts in overseeing highly effective PPC campaigns – and we can advise you on all your PPC needs by sharing our expertise in areas such as data analysis, keyword choice and copywriting. Get in touch today.